Effect of Antiangiogenic Treatments about Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress in Patients with Age-Related-Macular Degeneration
and the plasmatic parameters were determined before and after the treatment. Patients will be randomized to receive intravitreal injections of Pegaptanib or Ranibizumab and the plasmatic parameters were determined before and after the treatment.
Measurement of Protein Carbonyl Groups
5. Zafrilla P, Losada M, Perez A, Caravaca G, Mulero J. Biomarkers of Oxidative stress in patients with wet age related macular degeneration. Published the journal of nutrition, health and aging. The journal of nutrition, health and aging. 2013, 17(3): 219-22.
6. Kinnunen K, Petrovski G, Moe MC, Berta A, Kaarniranta K. Molecular mechanisms of retinal pigment epithelium damage and development of age related macular degeneration. Acta Ophthalmol. 2012, 90: 99-309.
8. Li X, Cai Y, Wang YS, Shi YY, Hou W, et al. Hyperglycaemia Exacerbates Choroidal Neovascularisation in Mice via the Oxidative Stress- Induced Activation of STAT3 Signalling in RPE Cells. PLoS One. 2012, 7(10): 47600.
13. Saint-Geniez M, Maharaj AS, Walshe TE, Tucker BA, Sekiyama E et al. Endogenous VEGF is required for visual function: evidence for a survival role on müller cells and photoreceptors. PLoS One. 2008, 3(11): e3554.
14. Ruiz-Moreno JM, Arias-Barquet L, Armadá-Maresca F, Boixadera-Espax A, García-Layana A et al. Guidelines of clinical practice of the SERV: Treatment of exudative age-related macular Degeneration (AMD). Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol. 2009, 84: 333-344
18. Delmas-Beauvieux MC, Peuchant E, Couchouron A. The enzymatic antioxidant system in blood and glutathione status in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients: effects of supplementation with selenium or β-carotene. Am.J. Clin Nutr. 1996, 64: 101-107.
21. Vikram S. Brar, K. V. Chalam. VEGF Inhibitor Induced Oxidative Stress in Retinal Ganglion Cells. Studies on Retinal and Choroidal Disorders. Oxidative Stress in Applied Basic Research and Clinical Practice. 2012, 585-593.
24. Rybka J, Kupczyk D, Kędziora-Kornatowska K, Pawluk H, Czuczejko J et al. Age-related changes in an antioxidant defense system in elderly patients with essential hypertension compared with healthy controls. Redox Rep. 2011, 16(2): 71-7.
28. Samiec PS, Drews-Botsch C, Flagg EW, Kurtz JC, Sternberg P et al. Glutathione in human plasma decline: in association with
aging, age-related macular degeneration, and diabetes. Free RadicBiol Med. 1998, 24: 699–704.
29. Qin L, Mroczkowska SA, Ekart A, Patel SR, Gibson JM et al. Patients with early age-related macular degeneration exhibit signs of macro- and micro-vascular disease and abnormal blood glutathione levels. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2014, 252(1): 23-30.
30. Uno K, Nicholls SJ. Biomarkers of inflammation and oxidative stress in atherosclerosis. Biomark Med. 2010, 4: 361-373. 31. Venza I, Visalli M, Cucinotta M, Teti D, Venza M. Association between oxidative stress and macromolecular damage in elderly patients with age-related macular degeneration. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2012, 24: 21-27.
32. Evereklioglu C, Er H, Doganay S, Cekmen M, Turkoz Y et al. Nitric oxide and lipid peroxidation are increased and associated with decreased antioxidant enzyme activities in patients with age-related macular degeneration. Doc Ophthalmol. 2003, 106: 129–136.
33. Shen XL, Jia JH, Zhao P, Fan R, Pan XY et al. Changes in blood oxidative and antioxidant parameters in a group of Chinese patients with age-related macular degeneration. J Nutr Health Aging. 2012, 16: 201-204.
35. Byeon SH, Lee SC, Choi SH, Lee HK, Lee JH et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor as an autocrine survival factor for retinal pigment epithelial cells under oxidative stress via the VEGF-R2/PI3K/Akt. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010, 51: 1190-1197.
39. Saint-Geniez M, Maharaj AS, Walshe TE, Tucker BA, Sekiyama E et al. Endogenous VEGF Is Required for Visual Function: Evidence for a Survival Role on Müller Cells and Photoreceptors. PLoS one. 2008, 3: e3554.
40. Madhavan L, Ourednik V, Ourednik J. Neural stem/progenitor cells initiate the formation of cellular networks that provides neuroprotection by growth factor-modulated antioxidant expression. Stem Cells. 2008, 26: 254-265.